2022 Firefighter of the Year
Congratulations to Diver Engineer/Paramedic Mike Broward who was selected as the 2022 Lighthouse Point Firefighter of the Year.
It is with great pleasure to announce that the 2022 Firefighter of the year has been awarded to Driver Engineer / Paramedic Mike Brown.
D/E Brown has worked for Lighthouse Point Fire Rescue for ten years and is currently assigned to B-shift. D/E Brown is a tireless employee with a great attitude who consistently goes above and beyond expectations. D/E Brown is also a go-to guy who consistently performs at a high level on all types of emergency calls for service. D/E Brown’s knowledge level and technical competence are exemplary and he consistently strives for personal and professional improvements. In addition to his model approach to his everyday duties, D/E Brown has achieved the following in the previous year:
- - Upgraded to a Captain level for an extended amount of time while a co-worker recovered from an injury.
- - Is currently assigned as a Fire Inspector and completed all inspection assignments accurately and on time.
- - Completed many projects related to the new Fire Station Opening while maintaining his current workload. Many of these assignments were self-motivated and performed without prompting.
- Consistently worked on and fixed our Front-line response apparatus.
- Volunteered his personal time and expertise at Fire Department and City-related functions.
- Initiated efforts to help a co-worker who had sustained damage to personal property during Hurricane Ian.
D/E Brown, who also served as the Lighthouse Point Fire Department Benevolent President, is a role model and an incredible asset to Lighthouse Point Fire Rescue and the citizens of Lighthouse Point. Please join me in congratulating him on receiving Firefighter of the Year for 2022.
- Fire Chief Robert Weech