How do I file a complaint or concern about a Department member?

If you feel a Lighthouse Point Police Department member acted improperly, a complaint may be made in writing, in person, or by telephone. Citizens should contact the on-duty Police Department Supervisor at the address or phone number listed regarding the allegations of misconduct.

Internal Affairs

An Internal Affairs Complaint Form will be completed and forwarded to the Internal Affairs Professional Standards Commander and Chief of Police for review. A preliminary investigation will then be conducted to determine if the complaint has merit. If merit exists, the investigation will be expanded. Citizens will be kept informed regarding the status of their complaints.

Complaints may be made at:

Lighthouse point Police Department
3701 NE 22nd Avenue
Lighthouse Point, FL 33064

Phone: 954-942-8080


We take allegations of employee misconduct seriously. Consequently, if the investigation reveals the complaint was made maliciously, in bad faith, or with knowledge that the accusation was false, action shall be taken, whenever possible, to prosecute the complainant for making a false report.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a position with the Police Department?
2. Should I install a burglar alarm in my home?
3. What can I do about speeding vehicles on my street?
4. How do I pay or contest a traffic citation?
5. How do I pay or contest a parking citation?
6. How can I pick up my vehicle if it has been towed?
7. How do I get my property back from the Department?
8. What should I do about a noise complaint?
9. Should I call 911 or the non-emergency number when I need the Police?
10. How do I send a ‘thank you’ to a Lighthouse Point member?
11. How can I get my fingerprints done?
12. How do I file a complaint or concern about a Department member?
13. How do I get a copy of a police report?